Central Forums Helpbot
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Topic: AI Wave Plugin *DONE*  (Read 9507 times)
« on: May 26, 2008, 01:46:07 AM »
This Space For Rent
Apprentice

View Profile

Epeen: 6

Anyone ever make a plug-in for AI raids/waves?   Letting you know when next wave is inc, etc?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:35:16 PM by Llie »
Quote from: Thecrowalt1
To Nuclearsmeg: After you're done trying to mock the page, try using a gun to give yourself a haircut. Shave your eyebrows too. Tell me how that goes for you too.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 11:39:03 PM »
Freshman

View Profile

I remember JJ and Vhab using this plug in when we were in spirit. It was fucking sweet. bump for this please.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 11:55:14 AM »
Pro-Tip Inc.
Administrator
Neophyte

View Profile WWW

Epeen: 4

Isn't the timer on City Raids determined by the Hacker kill? (I rarely get time to play anymore, let alone do city raids :/)

If you can jot down some timings (9 waves? Time to kill Hacker?  Time from Hacker Death till Next Spawn?  Is the first -> second Wave on a different timer than the others since the ship leaves and comes back?) I'll see if I can toss something together.
Chaotic Order *AP*.....
Durtycalm - 053|05|14 - Crat .| Doctor - 51|16|220 - Durtyheals....
Gaara - 110|11|28 - Meta .| Keeper - 58|20|220 - Tsuyoi....
Durtysnipe - 076|08|21 - Agent |. Fixer - 60|18|213 - Durtymeep......
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 04:06:18 AM »
Freshman

View Profile

its definitely a timed thing....if you kill too slowly, youll get another spawn on you. If you die it gets fubar'd..but hthats the only time
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »
This Space For Rent
Apprentice

View Profile

Any smart people ever able to make one of there?  I surely can't.

If not - anyone have the plugin for the other bots like BeBot that could be provided and someone here port to Vhabot?

oh - and necro.
Quote from: Thecrowalt1
To Nuclearsmeg: After you're done trying to mock the page, try using a gun to give yourself a haircut. Shave your eyebrows too. Tell me how that goes for you too.
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 04:09:02 AM »
Craht
I pimped out the city plug-in to do this...allows people to subscribe to the wave notify list which is cleared after a raid.

Also announces when city "should be" clear and also has a city history built in so you can see who forgot to re-cloak/etc.  Also has some friendly "noob" reminders about leaving the cloak at 10-50% when finished/etc.
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 12:17:57 AM »
Noob

View Profile

Epeen: -2

To add to the city cloak plug in the ability to:

1) Send a tell to new log on members that raid is on stay out of city
2) count the waves with notise tells to those who have subscribed
3) post to org channel if cloak is not re-started when timer is ready.
4) Any sub notes info / tips about cru and benifits is cool too.

In addition to its current ability if those add on thoughts were built, that would be a well rounded city raid plugin.
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 02:40:06 PM »
Novice

View Profile

Epeen: 3

Hog: Good suggestions, I'll make note of that for later on.

There is an "AI" wave plugin, but I admit, needs some extra work. Hoping to get an active dev team back working on Vhabot, so all these suggestions will be taken into consideration. Smiley
----------------------------------------------------------
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you.
----------------------------------------------------------
Naturalistic - RK 1 220 Doctor

Campalot Coder and Superadmin
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 05:35:01 AM »
Noob

View Profile

Epeen: 0

I pimped out the city plug-in to do this...allows people to subscribe to the wave notify list which is cleared after a raid.

Also announces when city "should be" clear and also has a city history built in so you can see who forgot to re-cloak/etc.  Also has some friendly "noob" reminders about leaving the cloak at 10-50% when finished/etc.

Heh, that's an old post.  (that's me, btw)

Has anyone added this feature to public vhabot yet or am I still the only one that made it work? Tongue
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 01:24:48 AM »
Rookie

View Profile

I don’t think anyone has anything at all yet..... Nothing I have seen
I know of yours and that’s the only one I know of

Your version is still likely to be the cutting edge on this topic even if it was built long ago
Although because it was made long ago one topic that is no longer of use is the % of cru left in ct for org benefits to work.
The factor of a small % of cru to have city benefits is no longer true
It got broke/removed when they added instanced city system
You could have zero cru and you still have benefits now

There is still a factor of random raids having high odds to happen if lots of cru left in ct
I don’t know for fact if that has changed, it’s very possible that it is still the same high risk
With the city benefits always on and the low cost of 100% cru we just:
Charge full – Raid – turn cloak back on – repeat when able.
There has been a hand full of random raids, like from the date of the instanced cities.
But I would say less than half of what use to happen so the frequency of random raids is way down possibly dew to us having the charge at zero a lot of the time?
Speaking of random raids is that also recorded in the log that shows with command !cloak ?

And if the plug-in is built into the city cloak plug-in then is it possible to add a command to manually turn off the logon warning to new log in members? My thought is that if I raid I’m about 35 min and General is out or dead soon around this time. The current timer is for a full run that other members need and use up, of one hour.  So a command like "!Warn off" would be helpful to early kill that warning system.
Retired President: RKA United -Hog-
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 02:58:23 AM »
Noob

View Profile

The !cloak history only tracks who enabled/disabled the cloak and when...it was basically used so we knew who was responsible for not re-cloaking/etc.  Random raids are not tracked historically.

As far as the timer, I'm not sure what you mean by the warning.  The warning that says "the city cloak is disabled and requires enabling in 15 minutes"?  Or some other warning?  The actual wave timers are pretty accurate (barring server lag/etc that can throw off spawn timing) and we pushed the final "city clear" messaging out a bit to allow time for soloers to kill the general and not worry about lowbies running in and getting wiped.
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 06:51:26 AM »
Rookie

View Profile

The warning I was more wondering if we could manually kill was the one when you log on you get message from bot saying a raid is in progress please stay out of the city. If you dont manually kill the warning with a command like !warn off  then it would run its full normal warning timer.

And if nothing is tracking a random attack can the !cloak plug_in be adjusted to also record them random attacks?
The org channel gets a warning posting about them incomeing so if there was not a pre-tricker from an org member turning off the cloak it would then be a random attack and could get noted as such in the record?

Just another thought of a improvement to this part of bot use/tool set up.
Retired President: RKA United -Hog-
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 03:59:11 PM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Hmm.. yes I -have- spotted that the Random raids do trigger the logon warning spam .. and it doesn't reset until someone runs a full Raid cycle. There should be a fix coming out with the new release soon. And yes, they do get logged simply as "Alien attack" in the history. You should spot it easily without the Red and Green "cloak disabled",enabled" messages.

Btw, there is an option in the City plugin config to disable the "warn at logon" spam if you really need to .. just remember to set it again before you raid!

PS. The only reason I'm aware of that there isn't a Wave timer on the current city plugin, is that if a team is defeated before the full raid cycle is complete .. a full quota of aliens isn't sent. There are a few ideas which could be taken into consideration for future expansion, but since the only information a bot receives about alien raids is a couple of [Org Msg] encoded messages, there really isn't a lot to go on!

PPS. I think the posted version is certainly an improvement on the original release! Smiley
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 01:13:07 AM »
VhaBot Developers

View Profile

Epeen: 5

This is a much requested feature from the regular city raiders in our org.  The main use is for a solo raid or a "team just waits for the AI General to come" type raid, where the person or team that's raiding sits in the org HQ or player shop or what not and waits for each wave of aliens to pass by and pops out to kill the General and get AI phatz.  Usually accompanied by logging an out-of-org alt to instapwn the level 1 alien that spawns at each round because there are no people from org in the city.

Here's what I think it should look like but I have no way of testing this:

Code:
diff Plugins.Default/vh_City.cs Plugins.Default.Working/vh_City.cs
--- a/Plugins.Default/vh_City.cs        Thu Dec 15 17:19:34 2011 -0800
+++ b/Plugins.Default/vh_City.cs        Sat Dec 17 16:08:19 2011 -0800
@@ -140,6 +140,42 @@
             //if (this._state == VhCityState.Unknown) return;
             if (this._reminders == VhCityRemindState.Unknown) return;
             TimeSpan span = this.TimeExpired;
+
+            // Inserting AI Wave Timing here
+            if ( ( this._reminders == VhCityRemindState.Disabled ) && ( span.TotalMinutes < 30 ) )
+            {
+                // 1st wave ~5 minutes after lowering cloak
+                // 2nd wave ~3 minutes after 1st wave
+                // 3rd wave ~2 minutes after 2nd wave
+                // 4th wave ~2 minutes after 3rd wave
+                // 5th wave ~2 minutes after 4th wave
+                // 6th wave ~2 minutes after 5th wave
+                // 7th wave ~2 minutes after 6th wave
+                // 8th wave ~2 minutes after 7th wave
+                // General ~2 minutes after 8th wave
+
+                // delay between waves in seconds
+                int[] WaveInc = new int[9] { 300, 180, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120 };
+                // array to hold total time for waves
+                int[] WaveTimes = new int[9];
+                // array of wave names
+                string [] WaveNames = new string[9] { "First wave", "Second wave", "Third wave", "Fourth wave", "Fifth wave", "Sixth wave", "Seventh wave", "Eighth wave", "General" };
+
+                WaveTimes[0] = WaveInc[0];
+                for ( int i=0; i<9; i++ )
+                {
+                    if ( i > 0 )
+                        WaveTimes[i] = WaveTimes[i-1] + WaveInc[i];
+                    // put in a span of 60 seconds to make sure we catch the event on minute scale.
+                    if ( ( span.TotalSeconds > WaveTimes[i]-30 ) && ( span.TotalSeconds < WaveTimes[i]+30 ) )
+                    {
+                        this.SendMessage(this._bot, WaveNames[i] + " incoming. ");
+                    }
+                }
+
+            }
+            // back to your regularly scheduled plugin
+
             int minutes = 30;
             if (this._reminders == VhCityRemindState.FiveMinutes)
                minutes += 25;

Needs testing before I'm willing to commit it.
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 03:43:01 AM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Testing and debugging on my bots this weekend .. 3/2/2012.
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 09:05:46 PM »
Freshman

View Profile

Would be an awesome plugin. I was thinking of doing one myself but no time.
I cant remember the timing, but I know some people that have it down pat.
They use the orgs !timer function atm.. They get it to the second.
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 03:59:10 AM »
VhaBot Developers

View Profile

Not that many people use these forums anymore, but I've implemented AI Wave timer in the vh_City.cs plug-in.  The timing of each wave may be as much as 45 seconds early or 15 seconds late, but without having to add and remove an event every second, it will have to do for now:

https://bitbucket.org/Llie/llie_vhabot_plugins/raw/caab1f3465b2/Plugins.Default/vh_City.cs
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 09:43:22 PM »
Freshman

View Profile

Timing between waves depends on the time that the hacker is killed. So if you take a minute to kill the hacker it adds one minute to the time the next wave starts. This would be hard to be accurate unless there was a command to tell the bot when a hacker is dead.
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 09:39:50 AM »
VhaBot Developers

View Profile

The way that most farm raids go, the hacker is killed the instant it appears.

For that case, I've tested the changes with an org-mate, and the waves are good to about +/- 10 seconds.

I realize that should add a configuration to disable the wave timer.

Edit: Added configuration to turn on AI Wave timer (off by default).

This feature is primarily for city farmers, where everyone parks inside an org building, and one out-of-org player is standing in city killing level 1 hackers.  The wave timer tells everyone when to pop out of the city building to kill the general.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:40:14 PM by Llie »
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 10:57:57 PM »
Freshman

View Profile

yeah it will work perfectly for the lvl 1 hackers Smiley
Learned that trick a few years ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: