Central Forums Helpbot
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Topic: raid notification plugin suggestion  (Read 2464 times)
« on: July 08, 2008, 11:02:57 AM »
Rookie

View Profile

Epeen: 0

Hello there,

this just popped my mind when missing many pande raids because playing my alt. this might have suggested allready but didn't find any threads. so here it goes.

It would be nice to get plugins which echos raids mass invites to org bot. I don't have any idea how this can be done because my 0 knowledge of coding. with this plugin you can see mass invite even you are playing with alt who is not member of kbots.

discuss

Foo
---
ships are safe in harbour but that is not why ships are for
---
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 04:58:36 PM »
Pro-Tip Inc.
Administrator
Neophyte

View Profile WWW

Epeen: 4

In order for something like this to be possible, the bot character would have to be of sufficient level to receive invites/spam from K* or Kavey would have to start allowing lower-level characters to receive the invite (Making the announce/invite process take much, much longer).

Other way would be for someone of higher level to relay the information to the bot, in which case it would be just as easy for them to post it in guild-chat, which doesn't really help anything.

/Thought about this a while back cause I wanted it too :/
Chaotic Order *AP*.....
Durtycalm - 053|05|14 - Crat .| Doctor - 51|16|220 - Durtyheals....
Gaara - 110|11|28 - Meta .| Keeper - 58|20|220 - Tsuyoi....
Durtysnipe - 076|08|21 - Agent |. Fixer - 60|18|213 - Durtymeep......
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 09:03:21 AM »
Rookie

View Profile

hope Kavey read this post so we can see hes opinion because he need to do bigges job in this. my suggestion is that we should make same kind application for bots what we do for our toons. bots are allways lover level and I don't think anyone want to level bot to 215 Cheesy but hope we get kaveys opinion how this can be done or can it be done at all

Foo
---
---
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 01:10:28 PM »
Experienced

View Profile

Epeen: -10002

i dont mind implementing something. just make sure you explain exactly what you need from knet (how to enable relay on orgchat).

i am thinking /tell knet !enablerelay <botname>

then i'll make knet1->35 send a tell to each both with something like !knet blabla where bla bla is the announcement.
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 01:21:37 PM »
Rookie

View Profile

Tsuyoi can you explain what you need from kbots. I'm sure kavey did understand what we need but what that plugin need from kbots.

Foo
---
---
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 04:00:49 PM »
Pro-Tip Inc.
Administrator
Neophyte

View Profile WWW

Epeen: 4

Nothing would really be needed besides the Knet /tell really.

Process as I see it:

- K* bot receives !announce|!mass command that is issued to all players
 - Knet Bot-Relay sends out relay /tells to all bots on notify
 - Bots then announce the message in GC|PG or both based on the playername being Knet* (I would guess a hard-coded plugin for each bot-type just to prevent some sort of mess inside the core message-handling coding)

Up to you if you want to do this Kavey, the plugins shouldn't be overly complicated for any bot (Though it's been a while since I've coded for BeBot and I've never glanced at BudaBot so someone else might wanna take on those Cheesy)
Chaotic Order *AP*.....
Durtycalm - 053|05|14 - Crat .| Doctor - 51|16|220 - Durtyheals....
Gaara - 110|11|28 - Meta .| Keeper - 58|20|220 - Tsuyoi....
Durtysnipe - 076|08|21 - Agent |. Fixer - 60|18|213 - Durtymeep......
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 10:15:53 AM »
Rookie

View Profile

sound very good Tsuyoi. my opinion is that only announces will be relayed to bot. question is how we gonna register our bots to
knet? something like /tell kzods register and then /tell kzods enable. I don't know is there reason to enable bots different way than players. if no, then we just need to log with our bots and give those commands. second thoughts that manual registeration might be little bit dangerous and might cause some abuse, this means that Kaveys need to do huge job to add all bots as member. Correct?

[edit]
now when I did read Kaveys post again there is no point to register bots as member in knet. that Kaveys suggestion about /tell knet !enablerelay would be best idea. then knet only sends anounces to bots.

Foo
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:18:24 AM by Foodor »
---
---
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 09:41:14 AM »
Rookie

View Profile

Ok, what we need to proceed with this one? Tsuyo to make olugin and Kavey to do what?

Foo
---
---
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: