Central Forums Helpbot
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Topic: Howto: Installing Raid Core  (Read 8103 times)
« on: February 18, 2009, 01:28:02 PM »
Freshman

View Profile

Epeen: 0

I've seen a few request for help getting Raid Core to work and many Orgs have been unsuccessful as well. I will describe how I was able to get the raid system to work in a step by step guide.  Please forgive me, I am doing this from memory.
Assuming this is running on the Windows platform.

1. Install MySql
a. Download MySql Server (5.1)
b. Download MySql Gui Tools

c. Install MySql Server.
Use the wizzard to create a new instance, full install with windows bin path checked.
If you receive an error that the service was unable to start, click cancel. Run the instance configurator from the Windows start menu and try it there.
If you are using Windows 2003 server it may give you an error that it cannot apply security settings. Just click cancel.  If this happens, your root password will be blank. 
d. Install Gui tools execute it.
Log in as root, remember to leave the password blank if the security settings failed on the last step.
e. Configure MySql
At this point, add a new user. (I.e. vharaid) assign a password.  Pay attention to upper/lower case on both name and password.
Add a new schema (IE raidbotdb) again case sensitive.
Assign your new user to full rights of the new schema that was created
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 01:42:09 PM »
Freshman

View Profile

Epeen: 0

2. Installing Raid System
a. Load Raid database plug-in
reconfigure db settings using the user/pass you created.
Remember this is case sensitive both user and pass.

For the database setting, use the name of the new schema that was created.

Note: Do Not use root with the blank password, it will simply not work, this is why a new user was created.

b. Install-Load Raid Core

You should be good to go.
I will clean this post later, as I am at work using my phone to post this.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 12:28:04 PM »
Noob

View Profile

Epeen: -1

hi
i am trying to get load !raid raffle plugin..no success
werent there a post somwhere about !custom raffle that doesnt need mysql (unless it is ll_rollraffle)
im stuck at how do i configure or reconfigure db settings using the user/pass you created. u mean do u have to edit the plugin or, cuz i didnt find any files specific for raid config if similar to bot first time config?
i tried skipping connecting mysql with root and doing that user pass schema part but when clicking test connect in workbech it say not connected to mysql... has there been a newer version or redesign of oracle sql tool?

from observing plugin i can see there seems u need to edit something here but what exactly or it
isnt ment to be edited cuz it breaks plugin somehow? i dont understand sql much..
how does hostname or port need to be set? And i was thinking if i can set a bot somehow with config to add another user/bot that isnt a guildbot and does not require member access i mean a raidbot that can get any guest to join?

Code:
public override void OnLoad(BotShell bot)
        {
            this._bot = bot;
            bot.Configuration.Register(ConfigType.String, this.InternalName, "user", "MySql User", "root");
            bot.Configuration.Register(ConfigType.Password, this.InternalName, "password", "MySql Password", "");
            bot.Configuration.Register(ConfigType.String, this.InternalName, "host", "MySql Host", "localhost");
            bot.Configuration.Register(ConfigType.Integer, this.InternalName, "port", "MySql Port", 3306);
            bot.Configuration.Register(ConfigType.String, this.InternalName, "database", "MySql Database", bot.Character.ToLower());
            bot.Events.ConfigurationChangedEvent += new ConfigurationChangedHandler(Events_ConfigurationChangedEvent);
            this.RebuildConnection(true);
        }

u mind redoing this raid core load guide this time by adding some images that explains the details?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 12:35:52 PM by Sunstrings »
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 04:22:53 AM »
VhaBot Developers

View Profile

Epeen: 5

Kilmanagh's instructions are very straight forward.  The username and password is for a user within mysql that you create.  All those settings are within mysql.  When you created the user, you must have granted it permission to access the database and tables via sockets.

Alternatively, I have a raffle plug-in that does not require raid core:

https://bitbucket.org/Llie/vhabot_plugins_llie/src/tip/ll_Raffle.cs?at=default
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 11:12:21 AM »
Noob

View Profile

Epeen: -1

thanks llie (umm.. actually let your hands turn into gold x) for being kind ), exactly what i was looking for;
still hoping
..or / or if helpbot admin could include the ll_Raffle plugin maybe even if helpbot isnt a raidbot (eliminates need to run or flatroll my private/public raid bot, so far i notice how C# or PHP bot is set in default like orgbot)
..or / or if someone can make guide("dummy") me more bout the mysql (there might be alternative ways..) since i installed it and there is an installer that includes all these tool like db;server;workbench etc..  so i open up workbench and didnt understand it well what i need to do from there alrigthy im in root.. i see link for generating somekind schema.. oh well lost myself i have a xampp installed to and from phpMyAdmin u can also manage or do db'sses uggh it seems  bit diffrent too where do i have option for manage schema / why i need select collation, firstly, how possible can i safely add new users so it wont mess like xampp/config/setup.. whats about connectin part something like localhost@urdb... i want to know if i make a db where is it actually stored and if it can be migrated anywhere on localhosts folders or disk drive.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:21:33 AM by Sunstrings »
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 03:50:37 PM »
VhaBot Developers

View Profile

Epeen: 5

For your information, there is no point making feature requests for Helpbot on these forums.  I no longer have any affiliation with Helpbot or its maintainer/administrator nor does Helpbot maintainer/admin watch these forums.

As for setting up mySQL, it is not simple, but nor is it impossible to learn.  It's basically a (proper) SQL database service.  After you install the software, you need to create some users (or do everything through the root user).  If you use a user that you create, you need to grant that user some permissions.  There are separate permissions for creating/modifying tables from even just accessing the service (ie. some users are only allowed to connect to the service from some specific host or any host or local host).

Once you have permissions set up, most things (such as Vhabot Raid Core) will connect and create the tables it needs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: