Central Forums Helpbot
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Topic: Bot lag / Bot Plugin error  (Read 5286 times)
« on: November 22, 2009, 05:16:00 AM »
Noob

View Profile

Epeen: -8

I have had various lag issues with Vhabot , at certain times.( havent been able to troubleshoot yet). Seems to be sparatic with times. Sometimes very fast and other times 2 minute delay for response..

Another issue I have atm is recently is the bot being totally unresponsive. I get plugins error code. Here is a log

-11-09 09:45:20 [Plugin Execution Error] System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
21-11-09 09:45:20    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
21-11-09 09:45:20    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
21-11-09 09:45:20    at VhaBot.Plugins.OnlineBase.BuildList(BotShell bot, String[] users, RichTextWindow& window, Int32& results, String profs)
21-11-09 09:45:20    at VhaBot.Plugins.OnlineBase.OnOnlineCommand(BotShell bot, CommandArgs e)
21-11-09 09:45:20    at VhaBot.Plugins.OnlineBase.OnCommand(BotShell bot, CommandArgs e)
21-11-09 09:45:20    at VhaBot.PluginBase.FireOnCommand(BotShell bot, CommandArgs args)

This just repeats
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 08:38:41 AM »
Grandmaster

View Profile

Epeen: 20

Although it shouldn't cause errors, this might be related to the current issues with fc's character xml feed.
What isn't remembered never happened.
Memory is merely a record.
You just need to rewrite that record.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 06:41:03 PM »
Novice

View Profile

Epeen: 3

Not sure, because I have run across this issue yet on any of my bots.

I'll check and see if there was anything changed on the XML feed to warrant changes to the bot.
----------------------------------------------------------
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you.
Naturalistic - RK 1 220 Doctor

Campalot Coder and Superadmin
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 06:52:17 PM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Epeen: 4

- Are you using profession Icons in the !online list?
- Is there a new player in the org, probably non-existant on the FC character listings?

If so, there is no entry in the Icons list for "unknown" characters .. and it will break with a message just like this.
Either:
- Go back to using text and no profession icons
or - Drop me an pm with your email on the forum (or even directly an email via forum!) and I'll mail you the updated plugin code with an 'empty' icon.

We don't really have a solution to the lag issues .. its predominately a FC server issue in that it just simply doesn't respond very quickly. The bot is very responsive unless its busy building a text window or doin roster updates or another 'intensive' task. I'm not sure whether !whois requests are sent in a separate thread so that normal bot activities aren't affected .. vhab/nat?
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 09:10:20 PM »
Noob

View Profile

I noticed the lag issues, when guestlist invites or server pings. This is possible that Funcom server issues.
I run a budabot and a vhabot in this org.
I will check in the online list, also I seen it was working today. But I think there are a few commands not working. I will ask around and see what I can come up with.
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 09:35:36 PM »
Noob

View Profile

Here is what error is coming when you do !online command in guild channel

Error Report Error: The given key was not present in the dictionary. Source: mscorlib Target Site: Void ThrowKeyNotFoundException() Stack Trace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)    at VhaBot.Plugins.OnlineBase.BuildList(BotShell bot, String[] users, RichTextWindow& window, Int32& results, String profs)    at VhaBot.Plugins.OnlineBase.OnOnlineCommand(BotShell bot, CommandArgs e)   at VhaBot.Plugins.OnlineBase.OnCommand(BotShell bot, CommandArgs e)    at VhaBot.PluginBase.FireOnCommand(BotShell bot, CommandArgs args)

Also auto invite is currently not going , as well as about any other command. except join / and irc relay is working ok

This is actually the 4th bot running with the one program vhabot. I dont know if this makes a difference or not.
The other bots are working fine.

To add to the list....
I sometimes get spam from a budabot in the same channel. Is there an easy way to put an ignore on the budabot name with vhabot ViA config ?

Another is bot resources get accessive at times 99% to vhabot . I dont know if this contributes to the lag or not.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 09:38:51 PM by eracet »
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 01:15:44 AM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

eracet:

1) You need to give us more information on what your Online Tracker plugin settings are, before we can suggest whats causing it to fail. You could try a !whois on all the users that are online .. see if they reply successfully.

2) Auto-invite to what, and where? Have you set yourself as SuperAdmin correctly and does it work for you .. and are there any other bot members .. otherwise the bot will simply ignore them.

3) I've got 10 bots running on a Linux shell host .. and I know Naturalistic has several more. So there are no known issues with multiple bots.

4) Vhabot does not support ignores. Even if you add the character to an 'ignore' list in game .. it doesn't remember the settings, and hence neither the game nor the bot will retain it. Vhabot will ignore spam from other bots .. but the reverse may not be true - so you may wish to add the vhabot character to the other bots' ignore list.

5) CPU usage will peak and trough .. it just depends what the bot happens to be doing, or whether its waiting for a response from Funcom's server or is building a complicated list up. It will inevitably make a small temporary difference .. but this will soon disappear when it returns to a normal 'background' rate.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 03:43:26 AM »
Noob

View Profile

Ok here is what I have online tracker settings

(Switching to text only wo icons worked)
Configuration
Include Notify List: on
Include Private Channel: on
Seperate Sections: off
Display Organization: always
Display Ranks: on
Display Mode: profession
Display AFK:on
Display Alts: on
Display Sub-Headers:icons
Send Online on Logon: on
Set user afk on Channel Message: on

when doing the online command this is the error that is given

Error Report
Error: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
Source: mscorlib
Target Site: Void ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
Stack Trace:
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at VhaBot.Plugins.OnlineBase.BuildList(BotShell bot, String[] users, RichTextWindow& window, Int32& results, String profs)

at VhaBot.Plugins.OnlineBase.OnOnlineCommand(BotShell bot, CommandArgs e)

at VhaBot.Plugins.OnlineBase.OnCommand(BotShell bot, CommandArgs e)

at VhaBot.PluginBase.FireOnCommand(BotShell bot, CommandArgs args)

When autoinvite to org chat VIA bot, private channel manager guestlist it does not auto invite or sometimes major lag on inviting. Waiting a while and thought it wasnt working, but !join does. This relays to org chat channel.

I am super admin

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:45:39 AM by eracet »
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 04:20:48 AM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Any player on Guestlist does get invited when THEY log on .. not when the bot logs on. It is the players' choice whether to accept or not. There may be a revision of the plugin which invites all users on the guestlist at some stage in the future. Any delay will be due to a slow internet connection, FC lag or delay in player accepting invite to private channel.
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 05:17:04 AM »
Rookie

View Profile

Epeen: 2

my bot also isnt auto inviting to the private channel from the guestlist. also, i recently went to add org to the roster via !roster add command, and the bot is unable to find org infos. i did !whois on my main, and i get an old one, but it would work. !org command on my main does NOT work, though. downloading the newest version of vhabot and starting over now, will see what that does to it.
Docteeko-Doctor

RK2
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 05:22:09 AM »
Novice

View Profile

What plugins(mods whatever) do you have: 1. Installed 2. Loaded and 3. Not installed.

Been testing this a bit, and so far having no issues.

Also: do you have .NET 2.0 at least installed? are you running windows?

Autoinvite does work as much as it possibly can. Players cannot be forced into joining a privategroup. They must always accept, that is put in place by FC. So when a bot logs in, the buddylist gets populated they will get the invite. Hope that clears that up a bit.

Cheers.
Sex is like hacking. You get in, you get out, and you hope you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you.

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 05:24:27 AM »
Novice

View Profile

t33k: you have to make sure to wait a day (the character being added) before adding to the org if it's a new character, or just recently joined the org.

You have to be patient and remember the bot can only work as fast as the XML updates.

Using the guestlist plugin, you can turn on/off autoinvites.

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 02:54:34 PM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Just to re-iterate - if either the Player or Org has been created OR changed recently, Funcom do not update their online character databases more than once per day. The bot can only 'download' information from the Funcom servers .. there is no other 'magic' source of player information.

We are putting pressure on the AO dev team to get player updates more frequently, but this is the KEY cause of data in bots being out-of-date. There is nothing more WE can do. All bots will suffer the same symptoms, because they all use similar databases.
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 01:32:36 AM »
Noob

View Profile

Any player on Guestlist does get invited when THEY log on .. not when the bot logs on. It is the players' choice whether to accept or not. There may be a revision of the plugin which invites all users on the guestlist at some stage in the future. Any delay will be due to a slow internet connection, FC lag or delay in player accepting invite to private channel.

Yes this is when they log on. I am on the guestlist. But seems to be a lag to auto inviting. (reason I say lag is becouse it is much worse then Budabot or simlar bots.)

As far as databases go, I have seen funcom take a few days to update. It is not unusual for this time frame.

The online plugin is working with text option.
But I am kind of concerned about about ignoring bots, and memory resource spike atm.
I will update how this goes. And if the Online keeps working.
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 03:46:05 AM »
Novice

View Profile

Can you give me your system hardware specs that is running the bot? This seems to sound like a slow computer...

Have you updated .net? Enough RAM to run the bots?

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 04:04:12 AM »
Noob

View Profile

Actually this is from an upgrade from an older PC. Its still a few generations old, but the only thing that runs is bots and a TS server.

System specs are.

Athlon 3700+
512 RAM

XP service pack 3

I considered upping ram some, but I am not the only one that has this issue.

Normally the RAM usage is only about 200

someone else has the exact same resource issue. But I do not know what they run for PC
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 04:06:27 AM by eracet »
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 03:43:38 PM »
Novice

View Profile

There's the issue, it's the RAM. 512 is decent enough to run 1 bot but just barely. We tried this before on a VPS with only 512mb RAM, and it was laggy and sometimes even crashed for no reason. :p

Because it's a Windows application (.net requires a lot of memory) it is lagging the bot behind.

If you're able to upgrade the RAM to 1gb it should improve the lag a lot more.

Processor is fine, though.

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 04:03:50 AM »
Noob

View Profile

This is also PC2700 RAM. I dont know if that makes a difference.
I used a much smaller PC Earlier.
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 07:18:36 PM »
Novice

View Profile

Since Vhabot uses .net 2.0, it will require somewhat newer hardware to run. It's a newer platform for coding, it's not so basic like PHP or ASP. That's the only issue. If you're able to get more RAM, try to get at least 1gb, 2gb if possible (and if the mobo can support newer RAM then try that).

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 10:25:47 PM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Typical M$ resource hog .. *mutters*
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print