Central Forums Helpbot
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Topic: Ventrilo plugin *DONE*  (Read 2594 times)
« on: March 07, 2010, 09:05:07 PM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Epeen: 4

I see Budabot has managed to get a Ventrilo plugin going - http://budabot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44.

We managed to get a Teamspeak v2 and v3 plugin going fairly successfully, although without a good setup to test it, not fully evaluated I'll admit.

Who would like/use a Ventrilo plugin, since its often preferred over Teamspeak?
Any volunteers to attempt to code it?!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:34:33 PM by Llie »
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 07:42:14 PM »
Rookie

View Profile

Epeen: 0

There are a few options for this.

The Ventrilo server download includes a ventrilo_status.exe binary that you can use to query ventrilo servers for this information.  I originally wrote the vent module to use this(I've only used the windows version but I've read that there is a linux version also).

Ceryn didn't like the dependency on the external binary so he basically rewrote that functionality in php only.  So in the budabot module you can tell it which implementation to use.  I've looked at that code, it's pretty intense. I'd guess that porting that to C# would be about equivalent to porting aochat.php to C#.

If you don't want to go down either of those routes, you could use one of the free online vent status checkers and then parse the html for what you need.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 10:44:50 PM »
Noob

View Profile

Epeen: 0

For BeBot I went the ventrilo_status route. Makes more sense to connect in the official, supported manner than to figure out how to do it on your own and keep that up to date as Ventrilo updates their software in my opinion.

From there you just have to parse the output into something usable. The output isn't as nice as XML, but it's not too bad...
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 06:46:22 PM »
VhaBot Developers

View Profile

Epeen: 5

I've gone the ventrilo_status route with this as well.  The plug-in should work both natively on Windows or through Mono on Linux/Mac OS X.  You just need to copy the correct native ventrilo_status application to your VhaBot directory.

This is important.  If you are running a Linux/Mac OS X bot through Mono, you must copy the Linux/Mac OS X ventrilo_status application to your VhaBot directory in order for this to work.  DO NOT COPY THE WINDOWS VERSION INTO YOUR VHABOT DIRECTORY IF YOU ARE RUNNING YOUR BOT ON LINUX/MAC OS X.

Pretty limited functionality.  As far as I can tell, the ventrilo_status app doesn't report who is logged on.

The plug-in can be downloaded here: https://bitbucket.org/Llie/vhabot_plugins_llie/raw/tip/ll_Ventrilo.cs

You will need to download the appropriate ventrilo server for your platform in order to get the ventrilo_status application: http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: