Central Forums Helpbot
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Topic: !towers  (Read 1741 times)
« on: March 11, 2010, 11:01:30 PM »
Rookie

View Profile

Epeen: 0

Well the name !towers could change.
Would be better command tag of !Fields

The idea is....
Can the bot read the org and tell us in a info box what fields you own, where they are and what tower QL level ranges go into that field?

So like

Masters of:
Avalon field #3 QL 50 to 75
Athens Shire #4 QL 100 to 150
Perpetual Wastelands #8 QL 150 to 300

*Note use grid to acces fields easy

^ info above is made up but thats the idea, can a bot read the org and then with posible database produce the info of location field ql for the org?  Saves the look up info for players who feel like planting a tower

If it had a click link at bottom to view pre made towers so those who are new dont have to run to shop untill they know what one they want and what ql to look for? <-- just add'd info not totally need'd
Retired President: RKA United -Hog-
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 01:59:53 AM »
Rookie

View Profile

Epeen: 0

I am pretty sure that the bot can't automatically get that information as it's game data, and not chat data.

If you are Omni on RK2, there is a bot that is maintained that will give you this information.  I do not think any other servers or factions have this.  However, note that people are scouting the info manually and continually to keep it up to date.

I wrote a budabot tower_watch module that mimics that behavior of that bot on RK2.  In addition to the info you want, it also tells you each control tower type, and what gas your tower fields are in.  When you plant your towers, you have to add them to the bot manually at first.  Maybe someone can port the module to Vhabot?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: