Central Forums Helpbot
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Topic: Cannot Get two Bots Running on my Computer at once.  (Read 12333 times)
« on: May 07, 2010, 05:25:26 PM »
Noob

View Profile

Epeen: 0

Ok well the first bot i made is working fine in DIstorted Reality org Chat But i tried to add another bot to Delusional so i can connect them thru IRC relay. 1 I do not know how to connect them through IRC relay and two I cannot even get both bots to run on my computer.

I have the one bot running which is the one in DR. But when i made the 2nd bot in configuration it did not work. So ive deleted that bot from config. I run the fist bot by clicking on Vhabot(Application) which works. But when i try to open a 2nd window(using Vhabot(application)) for the other bot it shows up for a second and closes. I then Tried running Vhabot Lite(application) And it would run my 2nd bot but then the 2nd bot wouldnt work in Delsuionals channel. I have no idea what im doing wrong. I want to run both boths with Vhabot(Application) not the Vhabot Lite. For some reason I cannot get both to run on my computer at once. I do not know if i have to make Delusionals bot a Slave to Distorted Realitys bot or what. I am not too knowledgeable on bots.

So please if you could help me figure out how to run both bots that would be awesome because i can only get one bot to run for some reason unless i use Vhabot Lite which makes it so my other bot doesnt even work in the 2nd orgs channel.

Thank  You

Stephani
*~The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
- Kate Capshaw~*
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 05:45:31 PM »
Grandmaster

View Profile

Epeen: 20

The best way is to setup multiple bots with the config utility and run them from the same core.
If you want to use multiple cores at the same time you need to manually add a custom remoting port to the config file.
Eg: <RemotePort>8421</RemotePort>
What isn't remembered never happened.
Memory is merely a record.
You just need to rewrite that record.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 12:29:44 AM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Epeen: 4

As vhab says, as long as you use the Configuration Tool, and Vhabot.exe main application, you should have no problem running multiple bots. Personally, I run ten (10) on a Linux shell hosting system with no problems.

You should not be using Master/slave bots, and this is disabled in the Community Edition of Vhabot anyway. You will see a message in your Console window to this effect if you have configured it this way. The only reason to use Master/slave bots is to overcome Funcom's limitation of 1000 players on your 'Friendlist'. If your org has less than 1000 members and/or guests, this won't be a problem.

You can run a large number of bots under the same Core process. This has the benefit of using a common Whois cache and more economic resource usage. You do not need to alter your RemotePort option if it is already working okay.

If these suggestions do not get you going, post your Config.Xml file here (either as an Attachment or Copy/Paste the text) but REMOVE YOUR PASSWORD before doing so!

Configuring IRC relay is simply a matter of loading the plugin on both bots, configuring the Same Channel for each, and typing !irc start to get it going. If you want IRC to connect each time the bot loads, set AutoConnect: ON.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 12:36:54 AM by veremit »
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 12:32:57 AM »
Noob

View Profile

I cannot figure out how to change the Port for both The first bot i made has the port u said. But for some reason i cannot bring up the 2nd bots config file because i think its in DB3 Format and i have no applicatoins to run that. If you are online today would u mind messaging me on Doctakillz? It may be a little easier to go like step by step because im not to how do i say Bot literate lol. I do not know which files to open to change stuff. Only thing i could figure out was how to start up the first one. And i was wondering if there is a way i can Connect my Org bot and the current Vhabot that the other org s using? even though im not running them on the same computer he is running his bot in GA and im running mine on my comp in FL. Is that possible? because that may be a bit easier to just join our already existing bots
*~The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
- Kate Capshaw~*
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 12:34:54 AM »
Noob

View Profile

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <Configuration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
- <Core>
  <CentralServer>central.vhabot.net</CentralServer>
  <CentralAccount />
  <CentralPassword />
  <ConfigPath>config</ConfigPath>
  <PluginsPath>plugins</PluginsPath>
  <SkinsPath>skins</SkinsPath>
  <CachePath>xmlcache</CachePath>
  <Debug>false</Debug>
  <RemotePort>8422</RemotePort>
  </Core>
- <Bot>
  <Account>stephie19</Account>
  <Password>..............</Password>
  <Character>Puppetmastah</Character>
  <Admin>Sadpanda19</Admin>
  <Dimension>Atlantean</Dimension>
  <Enabled>true</Enabled>
  <Master>false</Master>
  </Bot>
- <Bot>
  <Account>stephani19</Account>
  <Password>*********</Password>
  <Character>Xstephanix</Character>
  <Admin>Doctakillz</Admin>
  <Dimension>Atlantean</Dimension>
  <Enabled>true</Enabled>
  <Master>false</Master>
  </Bot>
  </Configuration>

I believe this is the file ur talking about. I cannot bring up and COnfig XML file for my 2nd bot
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 12:36:52 AM by Doctakillz »
- Kate Capshaw~*
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 12:51:25 AM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

As long as both org bots have their IRC module loaded, you can configure them the same - pick a Server, Channel name, and instruct each to connect. This is easiest to do with Vhabot, since they will use common code.

I can't see any errors in your config file, is there anything suspicious in your Console window when you load Vhabot? You should see a few screenful's of information fly past, but the essential ones are '<mybotname>@<dimension> Login/CharacterSelect/Connected'. These will be coloured differently for each bot running. Wait a minute or two for the loading and connection procedures to complete, and then you should be able to /tell <mybotname> in-game.

Vhabot.Lite will ONLY run the first bot in the configuration file, so you need to be using Vhabot.exe. You may wish to check out whether you are using the latest Release of the bot code from http://www.vhabot.net/downloads/#VhaBot CE.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 01:13:39 AM »
Noob

View Profile

ok i finally got both running in the one "core". My problem now is that the bot i put in Delusional wont talk in the channel but i can send it tells if i do the command @online in org channel the bot wont reply O_o i already did roster add <sadpanda19> and it added delusional to the bot

lol Im so sorry to be a pain just wanna do this to be able to communicate better between orgs
- Kate Capshaw~*
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 01:38:55 AM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Be careful with more than one bot in an org .. they can spam each other and cause all sorts of troubles and lag! Make sure you use different Command prefixes, and only enable ONE bot to notify.

That said, you'll need to load the IRC relay module in each bot. Configure it to have the SAME channel, server, port, but obviously DIFFERENT nicknames (default is same as botname). 'AutoConnect' is also desireable. Type !irc start to get it to Connect to IRC. Only once BOTH bots have connected to the IRC server, will you see chat relayed between them in both orgs, correctly prefixed by [OrgName].
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 01:51:14 AM »
Noob

View Profile

No i only have one bot in each org. But my
#1 bot works in Distorted Realitys Chat like the org channel.
#2 bot will not wokr in Delusionals org channel it only works when i send it a tell. I do not understand why when i do *level 12 the bot will not respond to any bot commands but my other one will with out having to send it in a tell message.
- Kate Capshaw~*
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 01:57:47 AM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Check:
  • You've !roster add <player> to the new bot
  • you've !roster update to get the members list
  • and !notify sync to sync the bots internal lists

Wait for the above to complete. You should then have a load of members authorised to use bot commands.
Check via !configuration that you have the right Command Prefix set - ! is default.
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 02:02:06 AM »
Noob

View Profile

To [Puppetmastah]: roster add Felliar
[Puppetmastah]: Added Delusional to the auto-update list
To [Puppetmastah]: notify Sync
[Puppetmastah]: Notify »» Synchronizing Friendslist...
[Puppetmastah]: Notify »» Synchronized Friendslist
To [Puppetmastah]: roster update
[Puppetmastah]: Updating Roster... (This may take several minutes)
[Puppetmastah]: Roster Update Report »» Click to View
To [Puppetmastah]: members
[Puppetmastah]: 368 Members »» Click to View (Page 1 of 2)

OMG i feel like such a pain in the ass but i did all tht and its still not typing in Delusional does it have to be Squad commander? I added the bot toon to the org today as well so do i have to wait for FC to update tht im in the org? So confused sorry
- Kate Capshaw~*
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 02:17:40 AM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Have you sorted the IRC module?!!?
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 02:29:55 AM »
Noob

View Profile

O_O idk lol I said im not bot literate XD Im just getting a bit confused i tried doing IRC start... and well... now my bot keeps shutting on and off..
- Kate Capshaw~*
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 02:40:37 AM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Type !plugins scroll down for IRC relay .. and LOAD ..

then !configuration irccore to get the config window up. Set the channel name to something beginning with # eg. #mychannel. Set AutoConnet to ON. Then you can !irc start. It will keep attempting to connect to IRC at this point. If it doesn't succeed, then we got a problem. If it actually causes the bot to reboot .. we got a Bigger problem.
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 02:48:54 AM »
Noob

View Profile

My stupid 2nd bot keeps connecting and disconnecting and idk why
- Kate Capshaw~*
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 02:50:59 AM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Double check your login info. Account and password are Case Sensitive!

The first letter of the bot character MUST be capitalized, the rest lower case.
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 02:54:59 AM »
Noob

View Profile

Lol is there any way i can send u /tells online cuz this isnt working all my info is correct. the #2 bot was working but on in tells and now its connecting on and off
and i wont stay on anymore
- Kate Capshaw~*
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 02:57:44 AM »
Noob

View Profile

THe toon im on is Sadpanda19
- Kate Capshaw~*
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 09:38:24 AM »
Noob

View Profile

I have a questions that is about IRC relay that is about the same thing she is asking?:
My bot is vhabot and the other org bot we want to IRC link together is budabot, is there a setting we need to adjust to help it along.
We are having np's with the settings for vhabot but the budabot keeep kicking back an error message (but I can only see error message when I'm looking at bot comp)
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 12:04:26 PM »
Noob

View Profile

Ok.. Well Vere tried helping me last night but its justnot working. I am not working on getting IRC relay to work. I just need to get my bot to workin org channel it only works if i send it /tell messages. Idk wtf im doing wrong but its irritating lol The first bot i made works perfectly but the 2nd one ofc doesnt work in the org channel. not too sure why. I even deleted all the configuratoin for the "(#2 bot)puppetmastah" and still it wont show up in org channel which is extreamely weird.
- Kate Capshaw~*
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: