Central Forums Helpbot
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Topic: Warning system  (Read 9975 times)
« on: October 29, 2010, 02:25:01 AM »
Freshman

View Profile

Epeen: 2

During these Halloween times i got to thinking that a warning system for when certain people log on could be quite useful. The idea would be to have a command, say "!warn add <charname>" would add the character, and then when that certain person logs on, you would get a warning message. This warning message would then be ether set to a personal level or to the whole org for convenience during tower fights and your looking out for a certain someone.

There has been a lot of ganking going on at the GUPHs this Halloween, but this would have other uses then just for warning if someone that actively ganks logs on for sure.

My idea on it would be what stated above with !warn add <charname>, and set it to personal to PM you or set to send it in org chat, you could do !warn and you could edit preferences and stuff and would give an "Offline" or "Online" next to the names in the list.

I would suspect to to be possible, not sure how hard it would be for the Vhab community though. I have no idea how the plugins work, but to keep things less complicated this plug-in wouldn't tie in with the notify list or members list, as I wouldn't want false information in the notify and members list. Just its own separate list and keeping track who's online that I have on the list and warnings when they come on.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 03:42:53 AM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Epeen: 4

Does this apply to the general services bots (ie. helpbot, itemsbot) ... or do you mean as a feature of Vhabot generally, and have you mis-posted, having missed the correct Feature Requests board?

It is probably possible to implement such a feature. It could be merged with a Kill-On-Sight (KOS) system, but the finer points of implementation are a little complicated. Of course the bot would monitor online status of the listed names, but it would only be practical to send a /tell to whoever Set the Flag, or for bot Leaders/Admins to send a message to OrgChat/etc. Otherwise it would become a flooding problem, leading to lag issues, etc etc etc.
Something along the lines of !flag <name> <message to respond> and !flagorg <name> <message to spam> spring to mind.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 10:14:14 PM »
Freshman

View Profile

Epeen: 2

Does this apply to the general services bots (ie. helpbot, itemsbot) ... or do you mean as a feature of Vhabot generally, and have you mis-posted, having missed the correct Feature Requests board?

It is probably possible to implement such a feature. It could be merged with a Kill-On-Sight (KOS) system, but the finer points of implementation are a little complicated. Of course the bot would monitor online status of the listed names, but it would only be practical to send a /tell to whoever Set the Flag, or for bot Leaders/Admins to send a message to OrgChat/etc. Otherwise it would become a flooding problem, leading to lag issues, etc etc etc.
Something along the lines of !flag <name> <message to respond> and !flagorg <name> <message to spam> spring to mind.

Yes it does seem I'm in the wrong section, if someone could move it so I don't double post.

Yeah sending to tells would be fine. But an option to send it to org chat controlled by a leader or admin would be nice in case the entire org is trying to keep an eye out for a certain someone for whatever reason.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: