Central Forums Helpbot
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Topic: new relay possibilities  (Read 1587 times)
« on: January 24, 2011, 10:28:11 PM »
Rookie

View Profile

Epeen: 2

I was wondering if there would be a way to make a relay similar to budabot. Like, instead of having to relay through IRC, you could relay straight between bots. The relay would include commands, the bot's answers to commands, org chat, guest chat, and the IRC channel the bot is connected to. When using 2 bots in one of the orgs in the alliance I'm in, the bots kinda act weird. I have managed to minimize conflicts but just cant seem to work everything out. So if this is possible could someone let me know?
Docteeko-Doctor

RK2
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 09:03:24 PM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Epeen: 4

The reason IRC was chosen as the relay platform for Vhabot is its relative simplicity, expandability and security. Bots with open ports are open to abuse and hacking. Vhabot supports any number of bots being relayed via IRC .. through individual bots and the IRC system. Configuring IRC is quite straightforward .. particularly for anyone who has chatted via IRC ever.

Demoder has tried to make a protocol for chat-relay via privategroup, but Vhabot has no support for accepting invitations to a privategroup .. it can only initiate them for other users. This is a chat-library limitation currently, but the new Vhabot chat library [vha.net] does support the privategroup invite request.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 06:30:07 AM »
Rookie

View Profile

Epeen: 2

So what your saying is its not possible right now? But it may be in the future? How is it open ports and hacking? The way they do it is both bots have to have the setting set to the other bot for a relay, all things are relayed in tells, including commands and answers to commands. Theres no communication by the bots out of game so really no hacking possible that i could see. And if thats the case could we atleast have the option to make vhabot relay all commands to IRC?
Docteeko-Doctor

RK2
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 03:51:05 AM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Epeen: 4

There has been talk of an option to permit relaying of commands through the PrivateGroup and IRC. This is normally filtered out by the respective plugins. I think the change isn't trivial alas, and due to lack of resources this won't probably happen for a couple of months.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: