Central Forums Helpbot
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Topic: neutnet plugin *DONE*  (Read 3902 times)
« on: February 01, 2011, 05:19:48 PM »
Rookie

View Profile

Epeen: 2

Anyone know a quick way to code up a plugin for neutnet? I don't think it would be too hard, but dont count on me for that analysis lol. I'm not a coder but wanted to know if anyone would be willing to do this in the most simple and effective way?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:39:09 PM by Llie »
Docteeko-Doctor

RK2
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 04:45:05 AM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Epeen: 4

You want a plugin that connects TO neutnet? or a plugin to RUN neutnet?

Surely Neutnet is just a bot configured with Raid/other modules which invites players to its group - this can be accomplished with a standard Vhabot install with the appropriate configuration.

If you want it to CONNECT to neutnet, Vhabot doesn't have any method to accept an invitation to a privategroup, and hence couldn't forward any information that it receives without some manual intervention. I'm not even sure manual intervention would work either - its a limitation of the current AOChat library.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 10:40:39 AM »
Rookie

View Profile

Epeen: 0

no, Neutnet is an RK2 bot system for spamming.  For instance, it is used a lot for selling loot rights of no drops.  It'll spam everyone who is registered on it.  I think he just wants a module that will accept the tell from one of the neutnet bots and relay it into org chat.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 11:44:54 PM »
Rookie

View Profile

Yes, Tyrence gets it. Budabot has one, and basically it just accepts the tells from any character with a name starting with "neutnet" and relays it to org chat. I say the chars name begins with that because its a bot system(neutnet, neutnet2, etc etc)
Docteeko-Doctor

RK2
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 07:07:18 AM »
Rookie

View Profile

Epeen: 0

Under a single faction focus this idea may not get the attention i feel it is worth.

picture it this way...
With this plug in built, any faction/org could load the bot toon and get permission to join the raid bots of any sort we choose then set up those bots to echo into our org channel should we want them too. Thus anyone online could see action is happening say on Iraid or any other raid or tower wars style bot we set up. They then could load there appropriate level toons and join in on the fun.

!echo set Iraid*
!echo set Bangbot*

!echo remove Iraid*
!echo remove Bangbot*

And this plugin would allow for new development with alliance orgs to set up and use there /mass system to call to tower defence or organized inter org activity also...

Really the idea has some spin off that with such a plugin the orgs get to see full info of raids or wars and other activity regardless of what level of toon they currently are on.

Plugin would need some form of ignore on them pesky join click ok messages and auto invites when we get the text server quick disconnects etc though.
Retired President: RKA United -Hog-
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 05:24:00 AM »
Rookie

View Profile

its not a single faction, neutnet is actually open to everyone 50+... but technically it could work like that, yes. Set and !echo command, or something similar, to just relay everything that is sent in a tell to the bot could be relayed to the orgchannel. But I think that the neutnet relay should be an option in its own because its not just one bot. It is neutnet, neutnet2, etc. And im not totally sure how high they go, but I personally have seen as high as neutnet11
Docteeko-Doctor

RK2
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 07:00:26 AM »
Rookie

View Profile

anyone else have any interest in this? after scouring a bit, i found (neutnet.rk2.at) the official site for neutnet. Not sure where it is mentioned, but it says theres up to neutnet14 which could help with the coding. Also though, i could see fixhog's idea and the players could just setup to echo neutnet1 up to 14, which would have the same effect, also this would help with relay possibilities as you could have bots echo each other instead of having to use IRC. Because finding an IRC server that allows 3 connections or more from one host is hell in it's own right.
Docteeko-Doctor

RK2
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 12:50:50 PM »
Noob

View Profile

Epeen: 3

I have made a plugin for Vhabot you can find it Here
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 03:29:15 PM »
Rookie

View Profile

Thanks neksus, could we get a few options? maybe an option to send it to priv chat, and one to send it to IRC?
Docteeko-Doctor

RK2
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 04:38:53 PM »
VhaBot Developers

View Profile

Epeen: 5

Wrote a generic botnet plugin for vhabot.  Limited testing, so hopefully it works.  Nobody has complained yet.  Probably because nobody is using it.

https://bitbucket.org/Llie/vhabot_plugins_llie/src/tip/ll_BotNet.cs?at=default
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: