Central Forums Helpbot
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Topic: Need help to set up a complete Bot for Org  (Read 2819 times)
« on: June 13, 2011, 01:18:20 AM »
Noob

View Profile

Epeen: 0

I've been reading abit here and I am not sure what to download to make a complete Org Bot with most functions.
Please help me out here with links etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 02:53:18 PM »
VhaBot Developers

View Profile

Epeen: 5

1. Start here: http://www.vhabot.net/downloads.php and download the latest version of VhaBot which happens to be 0.7.7a

2. Unzip everything into a directory on the computer you plan to host the bot.

3. Configure the account information for the bot by either manually editing the config.xml file (you can create that file by renaming the config.xml.example file to config.xml) or running the Configure.exe program.

4. Fire up VhaBot.exe or VhaBot.Lite.exe (if you are on Linux, you will need to have installed Mono which you can download from here http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html and running it with the command "mono VhaBot.Lite.exe" )

5. Log onto AO using the character that you set as the "Admin" for the bot in your config.xml file and send a private tell to your bot: "/tell yourbot !plugins"

6. Use your bot's replies (which will include clickies) to load and activate the plugins you want.  For an org bot you will probably minimally want RosterManager, Notify, NotifyManager, PrivateGroup, MembersManager, Online, and CommonTools.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 09:28:16 PM »
Noob

View Profile

I got bot to vork with vhabot.lite. I am useing Window 7.
but I cant gett some functions to work like raid tools, items etc
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 03:08:05 PM »
VhaBot Developers

View Profile

Raid tools have other dependencies, such as MySQL (which is a whole other pain) and the individual tools have dependencies on each other (ie, install Raid::Core first), but why do you need Raid plugins for an org bot?  I would think if you were raiding with your org, you could simply decide by mutually agreeing on who needs this loot the most or at worst doing a random roll using the bot. I think it is wise to only install the plugins you need.

Items should work.  Either way, there should be error messages in the command prompt window.  Are you getting any error messages?  In what way does those plugins not work?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:10:17 PM by Llie »
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 07:46:59 PM »
Noob

View Profile

I get that "unable to load plugin" on the items thing
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 02:42:52 PM »
VhaBot Developers

View Profile

I get that "unable to load plugin" on the items thing

Are there error messages in the Windows Command Prompt window besides that?
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 07:14:53 PM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Epeen: 4

And/or look in the <botname>@<server>.log file for clues. The error messages are usually pretty descriptive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: