Central Forums Helpbot
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Topic: Bot kills self when Plugin is started  (Read 1588 times)
« on: June 23, 2011, 01:01:09 PM »
Noob

View Profile

Epeen: 0

Hi there Smiley
I have a little Problem.

A friend was doing a CityAi Wave plugin. On Windows it was running fine. Now the Bots running on Linux and when the Plugin is started/activated it kills the bot with this message:

------------------
[Unhandled exception: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "\root\AO\Plugins\vhCityAI.xml".
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity (System.Uri absoluteUri, System.String role, System.Type ofObjectToReturn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.GetStreamFromUrl (System.String url, System.String& absoluteUriString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader..ctor (System.String url, System.Xml.XmlNameTable nt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader..ctor (System.String url, System.Xml.XmlNameTable nt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at VhaBot.Plugins.VhCityAI.StartCityAI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Threading.Thread.StartUnsafe () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[Core] bot@atlantean has shutdown and marked disabled
-----------------------

Hope someone can help me about that. I was looking many times and the directory is right. But why it always crash the Bot?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 02:52:56 AM »
Apprentice coder
VhaBot Developers
Novice

View Profile

Epeen: 4

What user is the bot running as? Unix is quite strict with path/user access, and if the permissions are not correct it will indeed crash.

I certainly wouldn't recommend running anything public access as 'root' .. its a big security risk to your system.

Also, you might want to check your version of Mono, as I have had mixed experiences with it in the past.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: