Central Forums Helpbot
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Topic: VhaBot Development  (Read 2135 times)
« on: November 16, 2012, 10:53:51 PM »
Freshman

View Profile

Epeen: 0

Just to let everyone know.. Vhabot Core and plug-ins have been worked on over the last year.
Most of the plug-ins that were created by members have been added to the Official Library during the .80 release.
Some of them had to be changed a little to comply with some of the changes that .80 offered.
A lot of Llies plugi-ns were excellent and added to the official library. 
Those all are available in the zip file in the .80 package.
The main reason that I started working on the Core is because there were a lot of bug fixes that needed to be done and some functions were simply broken or unfinished. I did not want VhaBot to die off.
It seemed like everyone stopped working on the Core, so I took the initiative of redeveloping the core.

The .80 package is completely stable. I realize that there is another bot in production by Demoder, but I am also working on the "New Generation" bot that has been planned for years, which will offer so many different functions that may not have been imagined before. When the bot is done, it will as good as a bot as any bot out there. It will be a matter of users preference. Each bot will contain their own pros and cons, and will target different audiences.
I am dedicated to helping make Vhabot one of the top choices for the future, and will take all the help I can get.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 04:06:14 AM »
VhaBot Developers

View Profile

Epeen: 5

Hey Kilm,

Just to let you and everyone know.  I've noticed an issue in my fork of VhaBot where every so often the bot will wipe out all the permissions above UserLevel.Member from the CORE_User database (and in one case completely wipe out alts database too). 

I'd be curious if you or anyone else sees this phenomena in your fork or the original 0.7.9 fork as well.  I haven't made any changes to the core users part of the bot or the roster manager plug-in, but I'm guess that it happens during the automated update of the org roster.  Instead of successfully detecting a member is already in the database and returning, it looks like the AddUser function gets past the UserExists check and then proceeds to replace the existing entry with the user set to Leader/Admin/SuperAdmin with the same user but instead this time set to Member. 

It was for this reason I added the !backup and !restore commands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: